© 2022 by Elizabeth Rose. All rights reserved.
Tarot Card Readings are another popular service that we offer at Elizabeth Rose.
The origins of the tarot are lost in the mist of time. We do know they existed hundreds of years ago and originally slate or stone was used to depict the seventy eight cards. Some felt the tarot originated in China and others felt it was Egypt.
When cardboard was invented, the Tarot was soon depicted using that media, similar to modern day tarot cards. Only the Courtiers were allowed to use them at first and they often depicted their own family as the characters of the tarot. The church tried to ban the Tarot but in spite of this, it eventually spread across Europe and into France and eventually into the U.K. Religion and Psychics haven’t always seen eye to eye.
You can call us below:
Tarot card Readers
Pay via Credit Card
Payment for your telephone reading is taken over the phone, simply and securely, using a credit card.
A 20 minute reading is $43
A 30 minute reading is $58
How do Tarot Card Readings work?
The cards are shuffled and dealt out into different patterns, these are called spreads. They have different names, for instance the Calendar spread will tell you your future year ahead. The cards are dealt out forming a circle starting at nine o’clock and going anti clockwise, there is one card for each month and the thirteen card goes in the middle. This middle card is quite important as it is the summing of the next twelve months.
At Elizabeth Rose however we will tailor your reading depending what type of reading you want. The type of tarot card reading that you want will mean a change in the spread that is used.
During the Tarot reading, you can ask the Tarot specific questions and Elizabeth will interpret the answer using her psychic ability.
All calls are recorded and for entertainment. 18+ only. Customer care number +44 1623 792474. PO Box 10337, NG19 0WB – Please read our Terms and Conditions.
At Elizabeth Rose we have many experienced Tarot Card readers which use this tool along with their natural gift of being psychic and clairvoyant.
Tarot Cards have been used since the late 14th Century and believe to have originated in Egypt. However, their first use was documented in Northern Italy. Initially, Tarot Cards were hand painted and this was extremely time consuming. Therefore, the initial amount of decks in circulation was very small. With the advent of printing presses, the Tarot Cards were then mass produced and their popularity soared.
Tarot cards were originally used for playing games, much like a standard card deck we all use today. Each Tarot Card has a drawing or picture and a reader and this is deemed to be relevant to the person it dealt to. An experienced Tarot Card reader will be able to impart information given from the cards to pass on to their client.
Different Tarot Card Decks
The most popular Tarot Card Deck used today is the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. That being said, all readers find their own deck through years of research and find a deck that they are drawn to. They then practise their skills and look after their deck with as much devotion as they would give a family member!
Tarot Cards are drawn out and made into a ‘spread’. There are various spreads available for readers to draw upon, for example, the Celtic Cross spread is extremely popular and used by many Tarot Card readers. If you are happy to, inform your reader which area/s of your life you would like to look into and then they are able to draw a specific spread relating to career, love, finances etc.
The following is a general guideline into which spread answers which questions:
- Celtic Cross – A general Tarot Card spread which will cover most areas of your life.
- Relationship Spread – This Tarot Card spread will look into the needs and views of both parties.
- Birthday Spread – This Tarot Card spread will help you decide on a course of action to achieve your goals before your next birthday.
- Mandala Spread – This Tarot Card spread will help you explore your spiritual side.
- Star Guide Spread – This Tarot Card spread is used when a very specific question need answering.
- Past Life Spread – This Tarot Card spread is used to delve into your past lives and how they may be affecting your current life.
- Dream Exploration Thread – This Tarot Card Spread can help you unravel the mystery of a recent or recurring dream.
- Tree of Life Spread – This Tarot Card Spread is an extremely thorough way of analysing and exploring our mind, spirit and body and can help you understand if you have psychic abilities.
- Cross and Triangle Spread – This Tarot Card spread is used when you wish to explore the direction your life is going.
You may wish to look into furthering your own abilities of reading Tarot Cards and the internet is a wonderful tool to use. It will help you choose a deck and explain the different spreads and meanings associated with the cards that are drawn. Practise on yourself first and then find like minded friends to help you develop your skills by drawing spreads for them!